June 2nd, 2012
This app is designed for both iPhone and iPad
Updated: Jun 02, 2012
Size: 5.2 MB
Seller: QR Code City, LLC
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch (4th generation), iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad (3rd generation) and iPad Wi-Fi + 4G.Requires iOS 4.0 or later.
Scan by QR Code City
DescriptionScan is the fastest, simplest and most user-friendly QR Code and barcode scanner available. If your iPhone (or iPod Touch/iPad*) came with a built-in QR Code scanner, this would be it! Check out our site at scan.me to create and manage your own QR Codes for free.
QR CODE SCANNING AT ITS BEST
Scan is completely free. There are no locked features, "lite" version restrictions, etc. It's just simple QR Code and barcode scanning the way it should be. Open the app, point the camera at the code and youre done! No need to take a photo or press a "scan" button like other apps.
When scanning a QR Code, if the code contains a website URL, you'll automatically be taken to the site. If the code just contains text, you'll immediately see it. For other formats (such as phone numbers, email addresses, or contact info), you will be prompted to take the appropriate action.
PRODUCT BARCODE SUPPORT
Scan now reads regular barcodes (UPC, EAN, and ISBN) and gathers information about the products you scan, allowing you to research and find places to purchase the products you love.
NOTE: Barcode scanning requires an iPhone 3S/4/4S or the new iPad in order to work reliably (the camera in other devices does not provide the detail/focus required for barcode scanning).
- Forward-facing light for scanning
- History logs (including date & time) of all of your past scans.
- Automatically sync your scan history across web, iPod, iPhone, or iPad
DEDICATED TO PERFECTION
The company behind Scan is dedicated to your satisfaction and is always open to your feedback. If you have an issue with Scan, please do not write a review of the app saying "it didn't work" - this does not help us improve the app. Instead, please contact us at email@example.com and we'll do our best to help. We're constantly improving Scan to make it the best QR Code scanner anywhere.
* In order to use Scan, your device must have a built-in camera. When scanning codes that redirect to online content (such as websites), you will need Internet connectivity.
Visit our site at scan.me to generate and track your own QR Codes for free.
What's New in Version 1.9.2- Added support for WiFi codes - Visit scan.me to create your own WiFi codes for free!
- Improved support for vCard and calendar event QR Codes
- Added in-app browser support for handling downloads of various file types/extensions (and sending to external apps): .vcf, .vcard, .ical, .ifb, .ics, .icalendar, .pdf, .doc, .xls, .ppt, .rtf, .zip, and iWork documents
- Added support for geo:// QR Codes
- Improved performance and stability when using large history lists
- Support for the new iPad
- Various minor UI improvements and fixes
- Synchronized settings with user account
- Support for 3rd-party integration from apps / websites (using scan://scan or scan://scan?callback=[URL-encoded callback])
- Added "Scanning-Application" header to web requests
- Added ability to force links to open in Safari using scan://open_external?uri=[URL-encoded destination URI] or the query parameter "scan_open_in=default"
- Added support for user-defined data filters (details will be made available at scan.me)
- Fixed IDN support
- Numerous bugfixes