December 16th, 2014
This app is designed for both iPhone and iPad
Updated: Dec 16, 2014
Size: 52.1 MB
Waze Social GPS, Maps & Traffic by Waze Inc.
DescriptionWaze is the world's largest community-based traffic and navigation app. Join drivers in your area who share real-time traffic & road info to save time, gas money, and improve daily commuting for all.
Just by driving with Waze open, you're already contributing tons of real-time traffic information to your local community. You can also actively report accidents, police traps and other hazards you see on the road. Get road alerts along your route and find the cheapest gas prices around you shared by the community. Plus, you can add friends, send locations or keep others posted on your arrival time.
- Live routing based on community driven, real-time traffic & road info
- Community reported alerts including accidents, hazards, police traps, road closures, and more
- Turn-by-turn voice guided navigation
- Live maps, consistently edited and updated by Waze community map editors
- Automatic rerouting as conditions change on the road
- Send your ETA & real-time drive to update those youre meeting
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours, and preferred routes
- Find the cheapest gas station on your route
- Add information on local places and businesses
- Add Facebook friends and sync Contacts
- See friends ETA when driving to the same destination
- One tap navigation to Facebook & Calendar events
- Earn points as you contribute road info and climb the ranks in your community
Waze is all about contributing to and benefiting from the common good, so hop on board and get involved!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
What's New in Version 3.9.2- Sending "I'm on my way" message is simpler than ever! With a new design and layout, you can easily keep your friends & family posted on the progress of your drive.
- New Waze Today Widget for iOS 8! Quickly view your ETA for Home or Work, navigate with one tap, and easily send your current drive & ETA (when navigating). Pull down your Notification Center and tap Edit to add the extension.
- Updated look and function for sending a location.
- ETA & route changes now include richer traffic information.
- New map display setting automatically switches between 2D and 3D view.
- Bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Customer ReviewsBest navigation app period (5 stars)
I have tried a bunch of other navigation apps to avoid traffic and this is by far the best. However is does take some getting used to as the interface is different from most other apps. Also, for some suggestions it would be easier I think if when you were driving it would say make your second left as opposed to in 900 feet turn left because I don't really have a good feel for a distance like that. It's hard in a city when there are so many
Great App, but there's always room for improvement (4 stars)
I love Waze! It does exactly what it is supposed to and is definitely a life saver when it comes to needing a heads up on road and travel conditions. However, I still think some features have been overlooked or underdeveloped. I travel a lot. Because of that, my home state changes pretty often. Half the problem? The app doesn't give me a way to see my current home state or a warning when it changes. The other half of the problem? There is no
Almost perfect (3 stars)
I have to say with regard to real-time traffic, this app is the best. For a new user, it might be a lot to get used to at first because there is a lot going on on the screen while youre driving. Using more features has become easier for me, however my review is on the lower end because I dont like the geofencing (which I have seen others complain about as well). I have been turning off my location services when I get to my destination